NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) Review

It has SnapManager, something Pure Storage lacks, allowing us to copy production DBs.

Valuable Features

The speed is really the most important feature for us. The SnapManager feature is also very important.

Improvements to My Organization

It will reduced query time because we have a lot of them that take a long time to execute. We created the database because we need to know which product I have available in the warehouse, and this is most important thing for me. Because we have the flash array, the queries to find this out will be much faster.

Room for Improvement

The product is great for us now.

Use of Solution

We bought it recently and use it for BI and partially for SAP. We are planning on implementing ONTAP.

It will scale to our needs.

It's very high.

It's been perfect so far.

Other Solutions Considered

I looked at Pure Storage and we decided to get NetApp because they have SnapManager, which Pure Storage doesn't. I need to create a copy of the production DB and without SnapManager, I cannot do this.

Other Advice

Buy it if you need the speed and SnapManager.

8040
More NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with Dell EMC SC Series
Learn what your peers think about NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,164 professionals have used our research since 2012.