NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) Review

The whole process of compilation, builds, and exports takes a lot less time. So instead of 10 builds per day, I can do three times as much. I would like better monitoring apps or software.

What is most valuable?

Clustered Data ONTAP 8.3b3 is valuable. Also, valuable is the easy migration between our old NetApp solution and this one. It was painless, as there was no downtime and we saw immediate results.

How has it helped my organization?

Lower latency means faster end products. From development to the end, it now takes less time to compile a product and export it. The whole process of compilation, builds, and exports takes a lot less time. So instead of 10 builds per day, I can do three times as much.

What needs improvement?

Knowledge base on the internet needs improvements so that I can find my own solution for stuff. I'd also like better monitoring apps or software.

We've been using it for about six months for low latency and critical loads.

10/10

It's very scalable.

8/10

Before this we were using 7-Mode and other NetApp FAS products. We upgraded for speed and newer features.

The initial setup was really easy. It took three days to set up once we got it.

We used a vendor team with in-house personnel. The vendor team were 9/10.

• HP 3PAR 7400
  • XtremIO
  • Nutanix
  • SimpliVity

We chose NetApp for a mix of reasons -- the price was great and also because we were working with NetApp before. It was really easy to migrate everything and keep everything using NetApp technology.

What other advice do I have?

It's good, but not perfect. If you are already working with NetApp, this is the very clear choice.