NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) Review

It has sped up our IOPS and made it a lot easier for users

What is our primary use case?

We do storage across the United States.

How has it helped my organization?

We have SQL clusters across the United States. It has sped up our IOPS and made it a lot easier for users.

What is most valuable?

• Uptime
  • Ease of use

What needs improvement?

I would like them to roll in global monitoring instead of having to buy another product for it. If it was built into the solution, that would be awesome.

We haven't had any issues, so far.

We are scaling up to the new solution. We haven't had a lot of scalability yet. We are looking forward to what it can do.

Our technical support experience hasn't been very good. However, we are hoping with our new contract that it will be a lot better.

We were using HPE EVAs, which are very clunky and old, so we moved over to NetApp.

We were just bought out by another company who has been using Dell EMC. They're not happy with that solution, so we brought them into NetApp.

The initial setup was a little complex, because we weren't very knowledgeable in the NetApp at the time. We were using a third-party, and they didn't have a lot of technical individuals, so it took a while to get it out.

We used a reseller, EVOLTECH. It has been okay so far. There are not a lot of technical individuals with their group.

From an application standpoint, we have seen a lot of return investment on the speeds and responsiveness of the actual storage.

NetApp and Pure Storage were on our final shortlist. NetApp just came in with a better price point that my VPs and CIO couldn't refuse.

What other advice do I have?

Do your research. There are a lot of different storage vendors who have a lot things which are good. Pick the one that you feel is best for you.

More NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) reviews from users