NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) Review

The Initial Setup Is Easy And Straightforward; There Is No Complexity.

What is our primary use case?

We are it for CIFS, NFS, and NAS. We are also using it for the cloud environment.

How has it helped my organization?

They have come up with top of the line inline deduplication. They are delivering compression and aggregate compaction, as well. Everything is improving with their new features coming out on a day-to-day basis.

What is most valuable?

• Inline deduplication
  • Compaction
  • I've seen them compress it a lot, which provides efficiency.

These features are missing from other products in market.

What needs improvement?

The product should be more competitive and come up with additional features. They should keep the client always in mind and as the top priority. This would be the best way to compete with other solutions.

It is stable. In my three years working with the storage, I haven't seen any issues with our NetApp product.

We started with a cluster of two nodes, then we reached a six node cluster. We have scaled this up, as needed, whenever we saw a requirement coming up from the client.

It's pretty scalable. It can scale up to 24 nodes.

From a technical perspective, the technical support is good.

The initial setup is easy and straightforward; there is no complexity.

We used our vendor partner for the installation. We do have multiple vendors with whom we deal with for the procurement of NetApp devises. So, we call with them to come and do the deployment for us, as per our company standards. Our experience with these vendors is good.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend NetApp. It is a good product to use.