NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) Review

It takes us just minutes to set up and provision an enterprise application using the tool

What is our primary use case?

We use data storage for our big environment. It creates an environment where students and teachers can work together.

We did the installation two months ago. Now, we are reviewing its affect on behavior over time, which has been incredible. We have less latency within all applications.

How has it helped my organization?

There are many reports accessing the applications. We receive them very quickly. We used to wait a long time for them. Now, you just need to wait a moment.

It takes us just minutes to set up and provision an enterprise application using AFF.

What is most valuable?

• The most valuable feature is the backup, which is fast.
  • The data analytics are an incredible tool.
  • The equipment is superior quality.
  • If you need a replacement part, they will provide it.

What needs improvement?

We would like to have more behavioral reporting. We would also like to have more optimization and credit check reporting.

In addition, I am waiting for the version that has SnapMirroring with FlexGroup.

Less than one year.

Stability is 100 percent. I don't have any downtime.

I am very impressed with the scalability.

The technical support is invaluable. If you need answers to a problem, they provide good answers. I am very happy with it.

If you are compare it with our last application, IBM FS840, AFF is incredible in comparison.

The setup was not complex, but we have good project management skills.

We used an integrator who was very professional and helped a lot. They finished the implementation on time.

We have seen ROI.

Our TCO has increased by 15 to 18 percent.

What other advice do I have?

I am not using VMs today, but maybe in the future I will.

We have not yet connected to public clouds.