NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) Review

It offers reliability, multi-tenancy and network segmentation

What is our primary use case?

VMware multi-tenant and SnapMirror destination, multi customers' filesystem too, no problem with multi AD and domain

How has it helped my organization?

• IOPS
  • Reliability
  • Multi-tenancy
  • Network segmentation
  • easy to maintain and configure starting from a correct initial setup. focus on network conf in particular

What is most valuable?

Reliability. flexibility and multi tenant. we host 20 client virtual dc on our a200.

I scaled out our previous 2 node cdot cluster on the fly by adding cluster's switches and then the 2 node a200, after that data migration between fas 2554 and a200 was made non disruptively and on business time.

What needs improvement?

The full bundle is too expensive. It's needed to implement native replicas (i.e. snapmirror) and backup (i.e. snapvault) features

Three to five years.

our system is very stable and reliable, of course it needs to be maintained and monitored, even in case of network switch failure a200 keeps to serve data, very important is the initial setup, so you have to focus on the final architecture.

very good

tech support is very responsive and effective to find solution to some issues, most of the issues can be resolved reading KBs

fas 2554, need to scle out with space and performances

initial setup maust be done by cli, storage space privisioning made by gui, good interaction with vmware with vsc

I'm the vendor team and storage administrator

I need to ask for it to my ceo

full bundle too expensive I.e. full licenses to implement native replicas and backups

starting from a fas 2554 it was the best solution

What other advice do I have?

good deduplication and compression ratio

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: solution provider, datacenter