NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) Review

SnapMirror and SnapVault features provide DR and backup for data redundancy

What is our primary use case?

We have deployed NetApp AFF with four nodes; two of these are in our primary data center, and the remaining two are in the second data center. We are using Cluster Mode configurations.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization has improved because this solution provides a Highly Available storage system with DR configurations, deployed across two data centers.

What is most valuable?

The features that I found most valuable are SnapMirror and SnapVault; these provide DR and backup for data redundancy. The High Availability and Cluster-mode Setup are also very useful.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an improvement in the High Availability of the NFS and CIFS sharing during upgrade and patching; this would help to avoid downtime.

More than five years.
More NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with HPE 3PAR StoreServ
1 Comment

author avatarFelmonKahissay (Bell Canada)

Snapmirror is one of the greatest invention by Netapp. Simple to setup and use. We currently have it installed across multiple data centres and being used for Disaster recovery, virtual Data center as a traditional datastore, vvol, and now the benefit of using storage grid to move cold data with auto tiering.