NetApp Cloud Backup Review

Their tech support is superb. They were very helpful with the design, implementation, and configuration phases.

How has it helped my organization?

There's multiple ways, but the primary way that it helps us out is that it's seamless. Once we put it in play and configured it how we want, we don't have to go back and massage any configurations. Therefore, we haven't had any issues with it as of yet, so it works great for us.

What is most valuable?

Being able to move data seamlessly from one-premise to the cloud (Azure). It works great. The backup solution is perfect for us. What we do, we do that from our primary location and our disaster recovery location, so it works fine in our solution.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see voice activation as a new feature. If we could just tell the system what to do verbally, that would be perfect for us. I don't know how that can happen, but at this point I really can't see anything needs to be added it.

Though, more capacity with the basic model of the AltaVault would probably help out.

Once we put it up and it's running, that's it, there were no problems. We don't really have to do anything else with it. The stability of it is perfect for us, because we actually have a lot of other NetApp solutions and products in play. Therefore, it allows us to focus on other solutions and products, other than when we should add new things to it, the stability is fine. It's perfect.

It is scalable. We haven't used it to its max capability, but we're planning to in the near future as we're taking on more work for ourselves with other organizations within the Department of Transportation. As of yet, we haven't used it to its full capability. I will have to wait and see within the next year how it works out with the scalability.

Superb. They were very helpful with the design, implementation, and configuration phases. They have been very helpful.

We were using other companies as far as NetBackup. We were using the solution for EMC, and we wanted to try to do something different. That's what we did by selecting the AltaVault.

Some of the reasons why I assume they chose NetApp is we look for vendors who are all about being flexible: A unit that can be flexible in different environments, such as cloud-based or on-premise, and also if it works with other vendor's products.

I was not involved in the setup.

Dell EMC and an IBM system were vetted. These are the only two that I know.

What other advice do I have?

It's been very helpful for us in our environment and what we do.

Buy it. Get it. It'll help your environment as well. It's one of the best products out there.

I wasn't in design phase of this, but from what I know, we had vetted like two or three other companies and NetApp came out on top, so it's a good solution with good service.