NetApp Cloud Backup Review

Better security for backup data, because nobody can get it. It's encrypted.

How has it helped my organization?

We meet the requirement of having stuff that's backed to the cloud. It's eliminated tape-based backup systems. There is better security for backup data, because nobody can get it. It's encrypted, in the cloud, so you can't. The cloud puts it in some kind of encryption.

What is most valuable?

You can store backups for a while.

We did have some issues with the software and the firmware. We had to update it, but that was it.

It's not been an issue right now. We just purchased a new one.

We have used tech support. If you get the right person, it's good. We have had issues getting to the right person, but once you get to the right person, they are knowledgeable.

We had Brocade, and then we went to this, AltaVault. We were looking for something to backup to the cloud that was easy to use.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The pricing is not too bad, but could be a little better.

It was Riverbend or NetApp, and we chose NetApp because they have good support.

What other advice do I have?

We're doing AWS S3 with Glacier with cloud-based backup. The integration is good. It works with Veeam and Commvault. We are using Commvault for our backup software.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: support.

I'm pro NetApp, so I recommend the solution.

More NetApp Cloud Backup reviews from users
...who work at a Media Company
...who compared it with VMware vDPA [EOL]
Find out what your peers are saying about NetApp, Veeam Software, Commvault and others in Cloud Backup. Updated: June 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.