NetApp Cloud Backup Review

Easy to use, easy to install, and simple to retrieve backups

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as an email backup and for some SharePoint instances on the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The solution can be used for all Office 365 applications.

In comparison to other backups, specifically Commvault, it's easier to work with.

What needs improvement?

In the past, there was a product called Snap Protect. If there was any sort of integration between this and the online arrays from that, it would be perfect. It would allow for a lot of integration between the on-prem and cloud. It would also help customers with migrations. It would make for a more complete platform.

It would be nice if the solution was more complete. Many customers are looking for a single solution or silo that they can manage everything from. It would be nice, instead of having different products, if everything a client needed was in one solution.

We've been using the solution for two years.

The solution is quite stable. We haven't had any requests from the client in terms of support. That means, they haven't run into any bugs or glitches or have had any crashes. If they had, we would have heard about it.

The solution is based on the number of users and nothing more. You can just add subscriptions if you need to expand the solution out.

The solution's technical support is quite good. Out of ten, we would easily rate it a nine.

In the past, I have worked with Hitachi.

The functionality was good. It offered unified storage with normal arrays. However, the pricing wasn't as good.

The initials setup isn't complex. It's quite straight forward.

In terms of deployment, It depends on the number of users a company has. Once it is started, it doesn't take more than 30 minutes.

The pricing of the solution is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I don't use the solution myself, I recommend it to customers. We're a Star Partner of Netapp.

The solution is a cloud-based subscription. It doesn't need a deployment. It's subscription base, therefore, it's sort of its own service.

The solution is great for reducing headaches in the IT department. It's easy to use and narrows issues surrounding taking Office 365 to the cloud. Users can simply install it and get safe, easy access to cloud backups. They can retrieve data easily if it's deleted. They have a great data protection policy in place. All of these reasons are why I would rate it an eight out of ten.

More NetApp Cloud Backup reviews from users
...who work at a Media Company
...who compared it with VMware vDPA [EOL]
Find out what your peers are saying about NetApp, Veeam Software, Zerto and others in Cloud Backup. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.