NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP Review

Reliable, easy to manage, and has an easy setup

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of ONTAP is for all of my data.

How has it helped my organization?

We have DR and we once had a problem with electricity and the data moved to the other side of the DR and the user and I didn't know about it. ONTAP has avoided this from occurring in the future.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are that it's easy to manage and it's reliable.

I haven't had to restore the Snapshot copies and thin clones. Every time I check, it's working.

I don't use the inline encryption.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like to see more options on the dashboard.

Local support needs improvement.

It's very stable.

Scalability is easy.

Their technical support is very good.

We previously used HPE 3PAR and we switched because of the complexity we had with HPE. It was easier with NetApp.

The initial setup was straightforward. We started with a small pilot and we then moved to production with no downtime at all.

We used an integrator for the setup. They were good.

We chose NetApp because after we did the pilot, we saw the difference between both of the companies.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of a ten. I give it this rating because of my experience with it and the ease of implementation. To make it a ten it wouldn't cost money.

My advice to someone considering this solution would be to go for it.

More NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP reviews from users
Take Control with Unified Cloud Storage

Sign up for a 30-day trial to see how Cloud Volumes ONTAP can help you optimize cloud storage costs and performance, while enhancing data enterprise-grade protection, security, and compliance - wherever your data lives.