NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Review

Excellent SnapMirror feature with good stability and decent technical support

What is our primary use case?

I usually run a POC for our customers.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very good. It offers very good performance, and very good data services to customers.

The ONTAP is excellent.

SnapMirror is very useful. It allows the customer to be able to see the entire relationship. It's one of the best features of the product.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

For the most part, the solution is stable.

The technical support has been pretty good for the most part.

What needs improvement?

The solution should really build out a more hyper-converged product. In Indonesia, there are many competitors for hyper-converged products, such as Nutanix and VxRail from Dell. Those products in particular are so strong. They need to improve the NetApp for hyper-converged solutions. Whereas, NetApp for storage is still pretty strong in Indonesia.

The dashboard could be simplified. There are many, many features on NetApp, and they could be combined onto one centralized dashboard for ease of use and access.

The stability so far has been very good. It's a reliable solution. For AFF, I still have not noticed any bugs, for example.

We mostly deal with medium-sized organizations.

When we have an issue we still cannot open a ticket yet as we are working when the customer has not yet sent an IPO, and so we cannot open a ticket. Typically, we ask for help from NetApp Southeast Asia. They are helpful. We request via email, and they always tend to help us.

The setup process is okay for the common line installation. I'm familiar with the process, so it is okay.

When we reach an issue in customer, it can take a long time. However, when there's no issue in the customer environment, we can set up it very fast.

In terms of the cost, I do not handle the price or the payments at all. I can't speak to how much the solution costs or what the licensing structure is like.

What other advice do I have?

I'm working as pre-sales for NetApp. I help the NetApp team to test the POC for the customer. My company is a distributor of NetApp in Indonesia.

We might not use the latest version of the solution. We use the AFF Series and the C Series.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We're mostly quite satisfied with the solution so far.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Distributor (reseller)
More NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with HPE 3PAR StoreServ
Find out what your peers are saying about NetApp, Dell EMC, Pure Storage and others in All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: August 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.