NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Review

We reduced database queries from 32 hours on HP EVA to less than 10 with this, but monitoring and management handling in enterprise environments could be improved.

Valuable Features

It's fast! It can perform one million IOPS.

Improvements to My Organization

The database queries on our old system (HP EVA) took nearly 32 hours, but on the new one in under 10.

Room for Improvement

Monitoring and management handling in enterprise environments could be improved.

Use of Solution

We've used it for one year for our Oracle database.

We've had no problems deploying it.

We've had no problems with stability. It runs consistently.

It has scaled to our needs.

Customer support issues have normally been cleared up in one business day, so it's been really great.

Normal issues like performance problems and parts replacement are infrequent and are taken care of quickly.

We previously used HP EVA, which was slow and old. We switched from HP to NetApp because the customer got a 7-Mode FAS for a different situation and asked what he could do about the slow speed of his EVA. We recommended EF.

In two hours, it was up and running.

Implementation Team

I implement it for our customers.

Other Solutions Considered

At first, we thought we could expand the 7-Mode FAS for our client, but the workload was not matching to the system, so we chose the EF.

Other Advice

If you need very low IOPS and throughput and an easy to install and stable solution, then this is the perfect one for you.