NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Review

Almost all of our infrastructure is on cDOT, and now we are able to have a single point of management for all our data. The CLI is very difficult to manage.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature for us is the ability to move the workload between peers. It also has a huge advantage of helping us cut down on power consumption.

Improvements to My Organization

Room for Improvement

It's very difficult to manage the CLI. Also, the license model needs work. If you read the label as probable, you need to pay for a license for all the features, even if you are using just one.

Use of Solution

We've been using it for one year.

I guess at the end of this year or the beginning of the next, we will finish the migration of the whole infrastructure.

9/10 - The problem is about the failover of the interfaces for some problems. We had some issues last week because of the interface of a cluster physically remained up, but we had a report noting issues with traffic management on it.

8/10

8/10

No previous solution was used.

It was simple.

Implementation Team

It was done in-house.

Other Solutions Considered

We looked at EMC and IBM, but we chose EF because of the need to take snapshots and to save it to another system.

Other Advice

It must be evaluated depending on the workload of the applications.