NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Review

Enables us to segregate one storage unit from another but it should have better integration with other products

What is our primary use case?

We use NetApp for storage.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution allows us to segregate one storage unit from another.

What is most valuable?

Being able to partition different virtual volumes of storage is really valuable for us. It is pretty simple to manage.

What needs improvement?

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any improvements other than perhaps better integration with some of our Cisco products.

The solution is pretty stable. We haven't had many issues with it.

I am not very familiar with how well it scales. Ever since I started it's been the same so we haven't really grown into it.

I never had to use their technical support, so I don't have any opinion about it.

I would probably switch to one of our new HyperFlex environments, which includes everything that we need. Right now with NetApp, we have to manage the storage and computer networking separately. With the HyperFlex solution, we could manage all three components in one place: storage, computing, and networking. That would be much easier.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

The more you can make it integrate into one solution, the better it is. It is less of a headache than having to configure three or four different things. One solution and one GUI is just the way to go.

I would rate the solution about seven out of ten. It would be closer to ten if it supported integration with other products, not just Cisco.