NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Review

A stable storage solution in our hybrid environment

What is our primary use case?

We depend on this product for our storage needs. We have a private-cloud deployment.

We use more than the All-Flash Arrays on site. We have a hybrid model with all types of storage including flash, SATA disks, and SSD.

What needs improvement?

We need a center related to NetApp in Egypt so that we can deal with them directly.

If the pricing of equipment were more discounted in Egypt then it would be better.

The implementation could be faster.

We have been using this solution for about three years.

This is a stable solution.

This solution is scalable.

Here in Egypt, we do not have an official office or central point of support. This is our biggest complaint. We do not want to have remote support. Rather, we want an office here. It is very difficult to get an engineer here, on-site, from NetApp. This is true even pre-sales; we want to sit with the NetApp team, and not with partners. It's not that partners are bad, but it's better to meet with NetApp directly.

We did use another solution prior to this one, and we switched because of the technical support. It had originally started off quite good, but after a while, it was no longer good, which is why we switched.

The implementation of this solution took approximately one month.

The pricing of this solution is competitive with other vendors here in Egypt.

What other advice do I have?

This storage solution is both stable and scalable, and it works for our needs.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.