NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Review

Good capacity and management software, but it comes at a high price

What is our primary use case?

We are a tech services company and this is one of the solutions that we provide for our clients. We also use this ourselves.

Personally, we use this as a unified SAN solution. Our clients use it for CCTV and media applications. For example, one of our clients uses this to handle video data for game development. Depending on the customer and their requirements, we will configure an all-flash storage solution for them.

What is most valuable?

The capacity is very good and better than in past models.

The management software is very good. It supports reporting and different policies that are useful.

What needs improvement?

The price of the All Flash solution is very high.

I have been working with the NetApp All Flash Arrays for the past two and a half years. In total, I have been working with NetApp for almost six years.

The All Flash Array is stable and highly available.

This solution is scalable and you can just add more storage.

We are satisfied with the NetApp technical support.

The initial setup is simple. Compared to solutions in the past, it is very simple.

I have done three All Flash deployments with the help of my team for different clients.

This is an enterprise-level solution and the costs are very high. Adding more capacity will increase the cost.

What other advice do I have?

NetApp All Flash is a system that I recommend for a rapid storage solution. It is good for organizations such as banks and media companies.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.