NetApp FAS Series Review

Since implementation, our performance has definitely increased, but they're upgrading the performance monitoring tool, which is the main thing I think needs improvement.

Valuable Features

I think that the flexibility with the volume, resizing, and performance.

Improvements to My Organization

I think that our performance has definitely increased.

Room for Improvement

I think that they are upgrading the performance monitoring tool, which is the main thing I think needs improvement. From version to version they are changing, and you want to see things improve – I think we will continue to see more and more benefits.

Use of Solution

We have been using it since 2013.

Pretty solid in terms of stability.

We haven’t really grown it but I see a roadmap, the only problem there may be cost. It’s not an expensive product per se, but because of budget issues. People sometimes don’t evaluate the cost correctly.

NetApp overall has been really good in terms of technical support.

Initial setup was hard a year ago, but now we just did another setup and everything was smooth. It’s gotten a lot better in the last year we’ve been using it.

Other Advice

If you are on the fence it’s been a very good product, you don’t want to build your own solution, you want to use the appliance for the flexibility. Overall performance has gotten a lot better.