NetApp FAS Series Review

It gives us continuous uptime and we can failover when needed, although sometimes there are bugs with firmware upgrades.

Valuable Features

• Uptime
  • Performance
  • High Availability
  • Disaster Recovery
  • NetApp as a company is doing well

Improvements to My Organization

• We can failover when needed.
  • In my organization, a law firm, brand recognition is important, and NetApp provides that.
  • It gives us continuous uptime.

Room for Improvement

Sometimes there are bugs with firmware upgrades.

Not with deployment, but, again, there are sometimes bugs when we perform upgrades.

It just works, and when some drives go into failure status, it’s just a prediction of drive failure, letting us know when to get the drives replaced.

It scales pretty well, and the limit is how much you want to spend on blades, shelves, controllers, etc.

It's pretty good, they're very knowledgable. With other vendors who outsource support, there's difficulty getting knowledgable first-tier support, but with NetApp, that’s different.

We had help in the installation, which made it straightforward. It was also complex because lots of planning was involved.

Other Advice

It loses points in upgrades from one version to another is not as smooth as it should be. Also, understand your requirements and see how it fits in.