NetApp FAS Series Review

Its data compression saves a lot of capacity we'd otherwise have to have. It could improve by better integrating with other technologies like VMware, as there are some version conflicts.

What is most valuable?

• Clustered data ONTAP
  • Data compression
  • High Availability
  • Snapshot technology

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us reduce costs because its data compression saves a lot of capacity we'd otherwise have to have.

What needs improvement?

It could improve by better integrating with other technologies like VMware, as there are some version conflicts. When you are using the newest storage virtual console, you cannot use VM Wall, the VM-specific firewall.

We have been using it for a year for SQL databases.

We've had no issues with deployment.

It's very stable and we've had no problems in the year we have used it.

It has scaled to our needs.

Customer service is good; we've had no problems with them.

Technical support is good; we've had no problems with them either.

We used HDS before NetApp and we switched because of the snapshot technology and high-availability function.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward, the implementation of the system was easy, and we had great support from the NetApp team.

We used a vendor team who had strong expertise, and we are happy with the implementation. It’s important to have NetApp technicians implement the solution because it is helpful to have some experts.

No other options were evaluated.

More NetApp FAS Series reviews from users