NetApp FAS Series Review

It saves a lot of time and minimizes downtime, which is important because we're a hospital and we can’t afford much downtime. I'd like more automation of the expanding aggregates and discs.

What is most valuable?

• Snapshots
  • Mobility of data
  • High Availability

How has it helped my organization?

It saves a lot of time and minimizes downtime, which is important because we're a hospital and we can’t afford much downtime. If they can stop all downtime, it would be a big benefit for us and our patients.

What needs improvement?

I have a very small feature request: more automation of the expanding aggregates and discs.

We've had no issues with deploying it.

The stability is very good.

We have six PB of data, and have had no problems with scalability.

The technical support is good.

We have had NetApp for a long time, and were one of the first customers in Belgium.

If you are new, you have to learn the system, but once you know how it works, it doesn’t take much time to expand or install a new system. It was not difficult at all to learn the first time.

What other advice do I have?

Over the past few years, they have evolved a lot in manageability and automation, so we are happy with the direction they are going in. They haven’t lost their eye on stability as well. Lots of new features without sacrificing anything.