NetApp HCI Review

The solution integrates well with all the other applications that we use on our environment

What is our primary use case?

It is our main storage solution at our main office in Abilene, Texas, our satellite office in Pensacola, Florida, and our data center in Miami, Florida.

We only have the private cloud right now. We don't have the hybrid, but that is one of the things that we are looking at for the future. The private cloud has helped us with storage persistence. It is there all the time. It's extremely reliable and has been a lifesaver.

How has it helped my organization?

The integration that it has with some of our data recovery tools, like Veeam, has been helpful. We just had an incident where we had to recover the whole company. We were attacked, so it was lifesaving. Basically, we would be under now if we would not have had it. That is how critical it is for us.

What is most valuable?

• Its data literacy gives us so much flexibility for our development group to be able to stay on task.
  • The solution integrates well with all the other applications that we use on our environment.
  • The GUI is user-friendly and intuitive.

What needs improvement?

It is difficult to get acclimated to all the new features quickly. The onboard process could be improved to bring clients up to speed faster.

Less than one year.

It is a lifesaver, definitely an A plus stability-wise. All around, it's a great solution.

Looking at the future, it will be one of our favorite tools. We will keep growing, and it's something that we want to take along with us for the long-term.

We have not used technical support yet.

We were not using a previous solution. We had a lot of feedback from our developers that they were trying to improve their DevOps operation. We looked into it, and it made sense. We adopted HCI, and so far, it has been a winner for us.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We used a reseller called Storage Solutions for the deployment. Our experience with them was great.

Where we lost nearly 75 percent of our infrastructure due to a malicious attack and were able to recover two and a half hours into it due to the integration, it saved us and all of our customers. Because we were able to recover so fast from the attack, the solution paid for itself right there.

This solution saved our organization time (35 percent) and money. We have a hefty group of developers, and if you multiply that by 30 to 35 percent, that is quite a bit of money.

We considered HPE, Dell EMC, and NetApp.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is a lifesaver. If you ever have some type of disaster and need to recover from it quickly, you can't get any better than this solution. It made all the difference in the world.

We are in the learning phase of using Data Fabric for hybrid multi-cloud. We're still trying to get accustomed to it, but it looks like a great product. It should be helpful, especially, for where we're trying to go as a company. We're not there yet, but eventually, it should be an extremely useful tool for us.

We use HCI to accelerate DevOps. Our development group works with this feature, and I have heard nothing but good reviews. The development group definitely praises that feature. Every time they try to compile, it makes things easier for them. It has been night and day since we integrated it into our tool set. They definitely have improved their delivery time.

We do plan to use HCI to leverage microservices from all of our clouds in the future. We are still getting accustom to using the product and working it out for everyday usage.

1 visitor found this review helpful