NetApp HCI Review

Snapshot copies and thin clones make operations very fast and efficient

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for multi-protocol access.

How has it helped my organization?

NetApp helps us with our backups and making snapshots of our backups for our secondary data center, which is very efficient for us. It's improved our recording time also.

The solution's snapshot copies and thin clones have reduced a lot of operational time. We do a lot of database refreshes and it has done this as dual clones and copies.

HCI has helped reduce our company's data footprint in the cloud, as well as our company's cloud costs.

What is most valuable?

The multi-vertical aspect is what is most valuable for us. The main reason we wanted a multi-protocol was because Amazon was not able to provide us with access to the same data as we could get from Linux and Windows lengths. That was our value proposition for this solution.

The solution's snapshot copies and thin clones make operations very fast and efficient.

It is highly stable.

The scalability of this product is good.

Their technical support team is amazing.

We wanted to adopt newer technologies, so we chose this solution.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was easy and fast to deploy. We used NetApp Cloud Manager to get up and running with Cloud ONTAP. It is amazing. I liked it. It's easy to use. It's simple and it basically did everything.

We used a partner called EBT to deploy this solution. It was smooth. They know what they are doing.

We have seen a return on our investment.

What other advice do I have?

For our use case, because we are a big enough NFS shop, ONTAP is a great fit for us. If you have a highly NFS shop, I would recommend ONTAP.

I would rate this solution as nine out of ten. There's a limitation with a block in the file. That's where I see that it's not very efficient for upgrades and for management. Otherwise, it would be ten out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)