NetApp HCI Review

Reduced our hypervisor footprint but it has not increased our application performance

What is our primary use case?

We are slowly rolling out VMs to it. I'm not so much involved in that, the government side does that, but that's what we're using it for.

We also use HCI's Cloud Data services.

How has it helped my organization?

It offers the ability to scale on demand which is important to the burst capability of scaling up and scaling down.

It has reduced our hypervisor footprint by around 20%.

What needs improvement?

I haven't used this solution long enough to know what needs improvement.

HCI has not enabled us to consolidate workloads or break down silos and has not increased application performance. It has also not resulted in more efficient use of compute resources.

It's very scalable.

It's stable.

From what I've heard, technical support seems to be very good.

We did not use an integrator for the deployment.

We haven't seen ROI yet.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate HCI a seven out of ten. It's pretty good. Seven out of ten seems like a good rating for a good product.

The advice I would offer to someone considering this solution would depend on what the company is. We're a federal sector and we have a whole different set of limitations. I don't know that cloud is really where we need to be but for a private company, it may be.

Hybrid Cloud