NetApp OnCommand Insight Review

A centralized structure that has the ability to connect to any storage platform

What is most valuable?

The analytics over it. The ability to connect to any type of storage device that I've got, then extract and report in a centralized manner on all my SAN infrastructure.

How has it helped my organization?

It's a centralized structure that has the ability to connect to any storage platform, it doesn't matter if it's NetApp or not, and be able to report consistently on all my fabric. It's the greatest advantage that I've have.

What needs improvement?

I would like them to change the licensing model. It costs too much.

It goes on raw instead of going on usable storage. It doesn't necessarily have a value when you deploy, for example, a 400TB storage and I'm only using 60GB out of it at the beginning. Then, I have to pay for the entire 400TB, which is very costly, instead of having a growing up session.

It's very stable.

Scalability is fairly reasonable.

We just increased the number of agents that we have, so we didn't have any issues in deploying it. NetApp has been there with us since Day One to do the analysis and to iron out a plan for deployment. No issues there. That's very standard.

We go directly to our account manager, who we feel is knowledgeable and responsive, and put in the requirements there.