NetApp OnCommand Insight Review

Having a single solution to monitor a multi-vendor platform helps us out a lot

What is most valuable?

Performance data.

How has it helped my organization?

We can analyze the arrays overall performance down to a LUN level, very quickly, with this product.

It is uniquely valuable because it covers the entire industry, just not NetApp products, but also HPE and other vendors. We have a multi-vendor platform, so having a single solution to monitor all the platforms really helps us out a lot.

What needs improvement?

Setup could be easier with some more integration with other products, but that's not really a NetApp thing. That's really the other products and how they integrate back with NetApp.

Most of it is not them, it is how they communicate with other third parties. It is just the third parties, trying to get all the pieces to talk together correctly.

A little over a year.

The stability is very good.

The scalability is very good (we have scaled out previously), because you can have remote agents as well as just a central console.

It is very good.

We invested in NetApp because we didn't have a solution that covered all of our arrays and all the storage infrastructure that we had.

I was involved in the initial setup. I did the proof of concept.

It beats HPE products hands down in terms of initial setup. We were able to bring the OnCommand up in three hours, whereas it took 60 hours to bring the HPE solution up. So, it was a pretty hands down win for NetApp.