NetApp OnCommand Insight Review

Enables us to collect data from many vendors and get a better view of what is happening in the environment

What is most valuable?

It's not vendor lock-in so I can collect data from different vendors, which is important for us. We are collecting data from Brocade, HP, NetApp, and EMC.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives us a better view of into what is happening with the environment, like performance issues or predicting problems. This is the most important part for us.

We can predict when storage will be out of space, so we can start buying before something bad happens.

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful if it were easier to create queries. It's not very intuitive.

We're still implementing so it's not in production yet; so two months only.

I don't know yet. We're still testing. For now, it's stable. No crashes.

It's just software, it's not a hardware, so I don't see that there will be problems in the future with scalability.

We haven't used technical support yet. We're still implementing so we haven't understood the architecture.

No, this is the first one. We needed to get a better view of our environment. Now we have a tube for collecting data and showing the manager the results.

We had NetApp on in our environment so we know it.

It was complex. It's new for us so there are a lot of requirements that we haven't had yet in other products, especially all these servers that we need to set for this application to run. That is not something that we usually do.

We need to prepare our environment for this product.

What other advice do I have?

Our industry is healthcare but I think this product is valuable for everyone. I don't think it's uniquely valuable to our industry.