NetApp OnCommand Insight Review

Capacity and performance are two advantages, and it allows us to see where more storage is needed

What is most valuable?

The ability to get reports out, to see what OCI is doing for us, and we can see what our capacity is. We can also see performance reports.

So capacity and performance are two of the big things we use it for.

How has it helped my organization?

We're in the telecommunications industry and we're an actual service provider as well. I work in the service providing part . We have all of these external customers that have their pay-for-storage on our storage arrays. We're able to see through annotation how much each of those customers is using and we can use it for billing purposes.

It's given us a better concept of what we've got out there and where our hurt points are, where we need some more work in the different areas, where we might need to move volumes around to get better performance, and also definitely to see where that capacity is, see if we need to add more storage.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see the ability to produce more complex reports without having to go to Professional Services.

About two years.

Very stable.

Very scalable. We've recently just got the two servers for data warehouse and collection and we've haven't even hit capacity on them yet.

We've used it extensively. They're awesome, very good.

Fairly straightforward, but after that, it's very complex to use and to learn and understand.