NetApp OnCommand Review

Provides monitoring and data protection features but lacks cluster and storage management

What is most valuable?

In OnCommand Unified Manager, we can monitor the entire cluster as well as configure data protection through Unified Manager.

What needs improvement?

At present, OnCommand Unified Manager has just the monitoring and data protection features. It would be better to add some features for entire cluster management and storage management.

Automation should also be included so that instead of separately accessing Unified Manager and OnCommand Workflow Automation, we can work in a single window. It is very much required.

I have been working on different NetApp OnCommand products for around 13 years.

NetApp OnCommand is actually a suite containing different products. Each NetApp OnCommand product contains different features. OnCommand Workflow Automation is about automation. OnCommand Unified Manager is the main product in NetApp OnCommand.

It is very stable.

It is scalable.

Their technical support is very strong. They respond immediately. An auto ticket is generated, and accordingly, they respond.

When we compare with other similar kinds of products from Dell EMC and HP, the price of NetApp OnCommand is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten. They need to add the OnCommand Workflow Automation feature, performance feature, and storage management feature in OnCommand Unified Manager.

More NetApp OnCommand reviews from users