NetApp ONTAP Review

It is easy to migrate data from one storage array to another storage array using SnapMirror technologies

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for the cloud and storage: NAS and SAN.

What is most valuable?

• SnapVault
  • Snapshot
  • Deduplication
  • The replication progress
  • It is easy to migrate data from one storage array to another storage array using SnapMirror technologies.

What needs improvement?

If they could come up with some more automation, this would be helpful.

I have never had an outage.

Scalability is good. You can expand the storage with disks, which is good.

I haven't had to contact technical support, but their support is 24/7 if I needed it.

We were previously using NetApp MetroClusters. We have tested in the lab, NetApp MetroClusters, and have run into issues. I have come up with tie breakers, which are like witnesses our virtual storage arrays. One storage fails and another storage array will be active all the time. In this case, if a tie breaker is down, NetApp doesn't know how to deal with the data. It gets confused. NetApp should come up with a solution for this, such as a physical witness.

It's very easy. It's not complex.

We used NetApp for the deployment. They know how to deal with issues and follow best practices. It's always better to have them install the storage.

With other vendors, we need to buy a separate license for a third-party storage, but with NetApp, you don't need to buy a license, as it will come up with the storage.

What other advice do I have?

I can recommend NetApp. If you need a solution, use NetApp.

More NetApp ONTAP reviews from users
...who compared it with NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP
Learn what your peers think about NetApp ONTAP. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.