NetApp ONTAP Review

The product is stable and reliable. We always have access to our files.

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for storing flat files. The secondary use case is as a conduit for long-term archiving.

How has it helped my organization?

The product is reliable. We always want to have access to the files, and the system has to be up 99.9 percent of the time.

What is most valuable?

It most valuable feature is its stability. A product has to be stable.

What needs improvement?

It should have the ability to be very agile and release more cloud-centric products as compared to some of its competitors. We would like it to have the ability to run or manage a solution in the cloud. This would allow us to migrate our data on-premise to off-premise in cloud solutions.

More than five years.

Stability has been good so far. We haven't had any major issues, which is what we want.

Our environment is large. We are managing over 10 petabytes of data, in terms of storage.

The support has been very good. Anytime that we have had an issue, they have been able to have a resource available to help walk us through problems.

The integration and configuration were fine.

We also evaluated Dell EMC VNX, as a storage solution. We did not chose them because of cost.

We chose NetApp ONTAP because the price was most attractive and the support team was very good.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you can to do a PoC onsite (or offsite) to ensure the product works for you.

We are using the on-premise version, though we are looking for off-premise solutions from NetApp.

More NetApp ONTAP reviews from users
...who compared it with NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP
Learn what your peers think about NetApp ONTAP. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.