NetApp Private Storage Review

Disaster recovery, security, simple to administer, and provides alerts about your storage

What is most valuable?

Disaster recovery. And I like the security very much. I think they have the needed options for security. Can manage NPS using the same tools and process that we use today.

It's easy to set it up, it's easy to manage because you have a GUI that is very simple to administrate, to do a lot of tasks. I think this is another point that is very important, you have good tools, easy tools to administrate your storage and can change anything and be alerted about some issue in your storage wherever you are.

How has it helped my organization?

I think it is too early to think about that because we are just starting to use it from now.

What needs improvement?

I think that it should work better with Microsoft solutions, more integrated with Microsoft. We also need integrated NAS and block storage.

Very stable. I think that it is very good.

They have the scalability that we need, that we ask for. I think it is a very, very good solution. They have a lot of scalability.

We have a contract for implementation from NetApp. Technical support is so, so good. They have done a lot of support that we need, and it's good.

I think because I have a lot of skill in setup of other solutions, I think that is not easy and not difficult. I don't think it's something that can be improved to be easier.

What other advice do I have?

For us, the primary use case for NetApp Private Storage is backup in the cloud, in the future. For us there hasn't been internal resistance to using the cloud. We are growing and starting to use cloud solutions but slowly. We will grow a little bit for a year, cloud solutions, software on the cloud. We are new to NetApp, we are starting to use the NetApp strategy. We are using cloud solutions from NetApp but I think to use in the future.

I gave it a nine out of 10 because of the pricing. Lower pricing would make it a 10.

Take a look at this solution's performance; also their integration, that this solution can be used for NAS and block into the same box. For me, it's very important because the volume that you have to choose to start out, you can grow to the inside, you cannot have some kind of space to one kind in another.

It's very flexible.