NetApp SnapCenter Review

Provides good stability and initial setup is not too complex

What is our primary use case?

Our clients use it for backup and restore.

What needs improvement?

It needs to support vSphere 6.7.

Less than one year.

The stability seems good.

I have not had to use NetApp support. As far as our customers are concerned, we are the NetApp representative.

The initial setup is fairly straightforward. There is a little bit of work in getting it to work, but it's not too bad. It's not complex. The one time I installed it myself, it was for a somewhat complex customer, so it took some days.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to someone who is looking into implementing this product depends on their environment, whether they're using several SnapManager products, whether they've been using SnapManager before, or if it's a new install. It would also depend on the versions of the products being protected.

The solution needs one primary administrator for 400 or 500 users.

**Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner.
More NetApp SnapCenter reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with Rubrik
Find out what your peers are saying about NetApp, Veeam Software, Commvault and others in Backup and Recovery Software. Updated: August 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.