NetApp Snapshot Review

It takes less time to do backups and it has good customization options

What is our primary use case?

I am using the on-prem deployment model of this solution.

How has it helped my organization?

Compared to the traditional way we did backups, with Snapshot it takes us less time. It has improved my organization by saving us time.

What is most valuable?

The speed is the most valuable feature. The interface is user-friendly and we can do a lot of customization with it.

I have been using Snapshot for almost a year.

It's very stable. We had one bug, but regardless, the solution worked as expected and we didn't feel any impact regarding the bug. It was very straightforward to install the parts and the service keeps running, so I'm happy with the solution.

Scalability is different from the other solutions that we have used. We haven't needed to scale yet but if we were to, it has good capabilities. We have around 200 users using this solution.

Their technical support is very good.

We used standard backup solutions by Dell EMC. We actually preferred Dell EMC solutions.

The initial setup was very straightforward. The deployment took around half a day.

We used an integrator's help for the deployment but it was very simple to install and to use. It's very straightforward.

It's not too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I'm quite happy with the solution and the integration it has with other products. I would recommend it to someone considering it.

I would rate it with a nine out of ten. Not a perfect ten because there is one point off to give it room for improvement.