NetApp Snapshot Review

Straightforward to install and offers good integration with Azure

What is our primary use case?

We have VMs deployed throughout the organization and we use this solution to take storage snapshots at the VM-level.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the integration with Azure. We are able to easily do Azure backups and restores.

What needs improvement?

The dashboards are in need of improvement.

The configuration could be improved by providing more options, in particular, during the initial setup phase.

It would be helpful if more functionality could be built around migrating files from on-premises to Azure because we have had issues when using Snapshot with very large database files, from 18 TB to 32 TB.

I have been using NetApp Snapshot for more than two years.

NetApp Snapshot is stable and we have been depending on it for more than two years.

We have had to contact technical support a couple of times because of some issues that we were facing, and we are satisfied with the support. Our issues were resolved.

The initial setup is straightforward, although if they provided more options then it would be better. I cannot recall the length of time required to deploy the solution, but one of the restorations that I performed recently took three hours.

What other advice do I have?

NetApp Snapshot is a product that we depend on and I recommend. It has helped us in the case of installations and other issues. Our main complaints are about the dashboard and configuration options.

More NetApp Snapshot reviews from users