NetBeans Review

since it is open source, you can just go ahead and contribute whatever you want to change yourself

What is most valuable?

• Maven support
  • Developer Productivity
  • Server Support
  • Complete Tool Suite
  • Extensibility

How has it helped my organization?

Developer Productivity.

What needs improvement?

There are always rooms for improvement for any product. The good thing with NetBeans is that since it is Open Source, you can just go ahead and contribute whatever you want to change yourself.

I've used this solution for 13 years.

NetBeans has an extremely large and vibrant community, which makes it easy to get support.

I used to use Eclipse but switched mainly because of the superior Maven support in NetBeans.

NetBeans is very simple to install. Just run a simple installer and you’re good to go. No additional configuration needed.

NetBeans is free and open source. It has been donated by Oracle to the Apache Foundation, and is currently in the Apache Incubator which will make it the only IDE in the Apache Foundation.

The only relevant competitor to NetBeans is IntelliJ IDEA from Jetbrains, but this is a commercial product and not free as NetBeans.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it! You’ll never look back!