NetBeans Review

Large number of easily integrated plugins improves development productivity

What is our primary use case?

I have worked mainly on the front-end of Java-based applications, and NetBeans has worked really well, at least in projects with Maven structure.

How has it helped my organization?

When you have to develop in Java, this IDE is ideal because it has many plugins that make your life easier. I can also add dependencies easily.

The learning curve is easy and fast because the interface is simple and intuitive, enabling us to easily train developers who are not expert in metrics.

Overall, for our company, it has been a good addition, as development times have been shortened using NetBeans

What is most valuable?

The download of the plugins is what I like the most since they can be easily integrated. For example, when working with Hibernate or with JPA, creating entities is very easy through a graphical interface. The plugins help to save time in development triple productivity.

NetBeans has several good integration tools. For me, it is the most effective IDE for working with Java.

What needs improvement?

In the future, I would like there to be better integration with Git, as there are IDEs such as Eclipse that offer this integration in a much more elegant way than NetBeans.

In general, Netbeans is a very stable and complete IDE and does not have much to change in an eventual update since the features it has are quite complete.

Three to five years.