Netezza Analytics Review

A solution that offers good performance, but the hardware has a risk of failure and it doesn't scale well

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for data mark creation.

What is most valuable?

The performance of the solution is its most valuable feature. The solution is easy to administer as well. It's very user-friendly. On the technical side, the architecture is simple to understand and you don't need too many administrators to handle the solution.

What needs improvement?

The hardware has a risk of failure. They need to improve this. It also needs a system re-index.

They should improve their Schema and base it on Snowflake Schema features.

The solution should offer backup and restore options on some features.

I've been using the solution for six years.

The solution has a reasonable amount of stability. I'd rate it as medium stability since the hardware has a risk of failure.

The scalability is not good. They claim it's scalable but it's not, especially in comparison with other solutions.

The solution offers excellent technical support.

We previously used Mircosoft services such as Teradata. We were using Teradata for our data warehouse.

The initial setup was straightforward. It's really easy. Deployment for us took about three months. We used about four team members during implementation.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

We did evaluate other options, but in the end, we got a very nice deal from IBM Netezza.

What other advice do I have?

We use the private cloud deployment model.

I would rate the solution six out of ten.