Netezza Review

Doesn't properly maintain the workload that we have

What is most valuable?

The performance is most important to me, and it helps our ability to make business decisions quickly.

What needs improvement?

They should make it work better in a multi-user context. This solution works, but not for the workload we have.

It is stable. We use it in our data warehousing complex, and the performance is good.

The scalability is not as expected. It is shipped to you as an appliance, a black box. If you want to expand it, you have to get an extra CD,or whatever, and they come and program something int he box to release extra bits. If this were a cloud product, you could just expand and subtract as you wish. The capacity in this black box is not enough.

I would rate the tech support a five, on a scale of one to ten. It is obviously not that great.

We had Teradata before, and I am not really sure why we switched.

What other advice do I have?

Based on first conception, do a POC, scale up to the volumes and get the vendor to prove that it can work with their requirements. Get them to scale it up, either simulate it, make sure it can actually do what it says, rather than buying beta and then get it and then find out that it doesn't actually do everything it says it does.