NETGEAR Ethernet Switches Review
GS108 Gigabit Ethernet Switch. Plug and Play

Valuable Features:

The GS-108 switch by Netgear is an excellent solution for setting up a wired gigabit network. I currently use it at home to wire my rack-mounted server, my gaming desktop/workstation, PS3, Xbox 360, network accessible printer, along with all my Cisco routers and switches that I use for config testing. I remember I bought it on sale almost 5 years ago, and it has been ticking away ever since. Never had a single problem with it.

Room for Improvement:

The only issue I have, and it's not really an issue so much as me being a control freak, is that this is an unmanaged switch. I am a DD-WRT developer and would love to have the granular control I have over my router, on this switch.

Other Advice:

I use the GS108 8-port Gig-E switch on a daily basis, it's what runs the wired portion of my VLAN on my home network. I've also used plenty of Netgear enterprise managed switches in the past and usually rely on them as a cost-effective alternative solution to Cisco equipment. They're reliable and sturdy enough to take a beating and keep on ticking.