NetIQ Access Manager Review

Simple to implement and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use cases include creating the security patch, control over access, simplifying the control of the organization's access to infrastructureת and obligation services. We provide account security access to profile users with different obligations for information and services to the company.

What is most valuable?

The features that we have found most valuable with NetIQ Access Manager are its single sign-on and two factor two second factor database.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what could be improved, I would say the security of the infrastructure and the server and the working networking device.

I have been using NetIQ Access Manager for about three years.

In terms of stability, it Is very good. The client is very satisfied with the stability of the solution.

The scalability is not great. We have approximately 300 users using this solution.

Micro Focus' technical support is very good.

The initial setup and implementation are very easy. It takes between two weeks and 20 days.

Before going with NetIQ Access Manager, the other option we evaluated was Microsoft Identity Manager. We checked the open source IDM Solution.

The main differences between the Micro Focus solution and Microsoft are cost, simplicity, implementation, and operations. The Microsoft is very expensive, whereas NetIQ Access Manager is much lower in price in comparison.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend NetIQ Access Manager. It is a very, very good alternative to Microsoft. Micro Focus is very big and offers good technical services.

The solution is very good. It is fast and simple to operate and has very good production time to market.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give NetIQ Access Manager an eight. Learning this product takes time and effort so the training process is very time consuming.

Find out what your peers are saying about NetIQ Access Manager vs. Symantec Siteminder and other solutions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.