NetIQ Identity Governance Review

Access Review and Risk Evaluation features help keep us Audit-Ready

What is our primary use case?

NetIQ Identity Governance is used for review and control access to main business applications. As the Identity Lifecycle is made by NetIQ Identity Manager with provisioning drivers and workflows, NetIQ Identity Governance will do the access review in order to make sure users and accounts are properly activated and deactivated with the rights permissions and accesses.

How has it helped my organization?

NetIQ Identity Governance helps to prepare audits and to be "audit ready" every time. With the different connectors, you can collect user accounts and permissions from many different applications. By combining Identity Governance with File reporter you can also collect NTFS permissions from Windows servers.

What is most valuable?

The access review feature and risk evaluation are very useful. When doing a review you can either make manual or automatic fulfillment to immediately apply the manager's decision to the system, like removing or adding new permissions to the user account.

What needs improvement?

Some out-of-the-box connectors are still missing. We need more connectors to cloud applications like AWS. The next release will include a new analytic module that may improve monitoring and reporting. Currently, the data governance can be integrated with the help of Micro Focus Filer reporter, but it would be nice to have the date connector integrated with fulfillment as well.

I have been using this solution for two years.
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are NetIQ Partner.