What is our primary use case?
NetIQ Identity Governance is used for review and control access to main business applications. As the Identity Lifecycle is made by NetIQ Identity Manager with provisioning drivers and workflows, NetIQ Identity Governance will do the access review in order to make sure users and accounts are properly activated and deactivated with the rights permissions and accesses.
How has it helped my organization?
NetIQ Identity Governance helps to prepare audits and to be "audit ready" every time. With the different connectors, you can collect user accounts and permissions from many different applications. By combining Identity Governance with File reporter you can also collect NTFS permissions from Windows servers.
What is most valuable?
The access review feature and risk evaluation are very useful. When doing a review you can either make manual or automatic fulfillment to immediately apply the manager's decision to the system, like removing or adding new permissions to the user account.
What needs improvement?
Some out-of-the-box connectors are still missing. We need more connectors to cloud applications like AWS. The next release will include a new analytic module that may improve monitoring and reporting. Currently, the data governance can be integrated with the help of Micro Focus Filer reporter, but it would be nice to have the date connector integrated with fulfillment as well.
For how long have I used the solution?
I have been using this solution for two years.
What other advice do I have?
NetIQ Identity Governance 3.6 is now released and provide new features :
- Improved reviewer experience and enhancements for compliance administrator to define and configure review processes. For example, there is now a “Save-as” capability for review definitions.
- Ability to review business role definition. Authorized users can conduct periodic and ad-hoc reviews of each business role by requiring a responsible person to review the role’s general information (name, description, etc.), membership criteria, and access authorizations.
- Enhanced self-review policy
- Enhanced multistage review
This release makes it easier to onboard applications into the governance system and includes the following enhancements:
- Separates the process of defining an application in the governance system from collecting the data for the application. This enables a business user to drive the process and also includes the ability to collect application information directly from a CMDB system.
- Ability to collect the authorization data for multiple applications by defining and running a single Application Data Collector.
- Ability to merge manually created application with collected application
- Ability to edit application attributes
- Ability to add custom attributes to applications
Which version of this solution are you currently using?
Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, SailPoint, One Identity and others in Identity Management (IM). Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.