NetIQ Identity Manager Review

The UI for requesting and approving rights has been outdated, but in the latest version that has been addressed

What is most valuable?

Event driven provisioning and powerful Development and documentation tool - Designer are the most valuable features on NetIQ Identity manager

How has it helped my organization?

Identity and access management processes have developed to become automatic and fast. While the source of identity information is the HR data, user rights can reflect the user role(s) in an organization.

What needs improvement?

The UI for requesting and approving rights have been a little outdated, however, in the most recent version that has been addressed. Also, the amount of work from box to production has been improved a lot during the years, but for sure - there is always a need for a capable project team to fit the product to the processes of an organization.

12 years.

High amount of skill with the product and overall knowledge of IAM are useful to avoid issues on IAM deployment. The issues are normally due to data quality, which can be fixed with the products Analyzer application.

Product is stable. At certain points, there have been bugs - but NetIQ Support has been able to help with those kind of situations

Product is very scalable. It is matter of optimizing the rules used during the integration process.

7/10.

9/10.

No previous solution used.

IM products are someway framework solutions. Deploying a solution to an organization requires co-operation with many stakeholders and knowledge on the systems to integrate.

With a normal integration, for example with AD, it's a matter of configuration, but integration with the HR system it's a matter of designing processes - for example if the system is not a standard out of the box system.

I have been a consultant on customer implementation projects.

What other advice do I have?

• Sell the idea at the CEO level
  • Get sponsors for a project
  • Get a capable project team
  • Choose a consultant who knows the product and not only the IDM processes.

3 visitors found this review helpful