NetIQ Identity Manager Review

Simple implementation and has a customized look and feel

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution primarily for access.

What is most valuable?

The main value lies in the simplicity of implementation, as well as its customized look and feel.

What needs improvement?

I cannot specify any areas of improvement. There's no huge thing missing because it's already comprehensive. Now and then, however, there might be a minor issue.

We've been using this solution for six years.

We don't have any issues with stability.

We work in a huge environment and we can scale as much as we want. We have eight million users.

Technical support is average. When it's come to complex issues, it takes longer than expected to solve.

We used to sell SailPoint as well as the CA solution. SailPoint was part of the OEM in the NetIQ. The technology product is very complex to implement.

The initial setup was straightforward. The setup alone takes a couple of hours. Full deployment time depends on the customer and what they need.

Micro Focus is flexible when it comes to price. The cost varies from customer to customer. There are no additional costs, though. Everything is included.

What other advice do I have?

Do not look at features; look at real-time implementation experience.

You need organization support, high-level support from management to do the change needed to implement it right.

I would rate it as nine and a half out of ten because there is always something to improve.