NetIQ Privileged Account Manager Review

Has a useful credential vault feature but the user interface needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is in the financial sector because here in Egypt we have regulations connected to the Central Bank of Egypt that are required for securing privileged accounts, and that's the reason there is a great need for the technology here, particularly in the financial and educational sectors. I understand that in the education sector there's a great need for the technology, especially for exams and for those who try to steal the exams.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the credential vault, the password safe.

What needs improvement?

Micro Focus needs a lot of enhancements. Actually, it's a good product, but it's not the best product.

For improvements, I think the user interface could be improved, it's not that good, not straightforward. It doesn't implement features and it's not text box enabled.

I've been using the product for about a year.

Technical support is very good.

I previously used One Identity which has a hardened appliance, Micro Focus does not. One Identity is based on Microsoft Stack. Micro Focus could be built like a Microsoft Stack. It could be built on a regular stack.

I think One Identity is much richer than Micro Focus.

The initial setup of Microsoft Focus is not an easy path. Other products are easier to deploy but the implementation of the Privileged Account Manager itself can sometimes take more than a year because of the nature of the technology.

What other advice do I have?

I don't have a complete picture to be able to tell you that this is the best product. Because each customer in their own environment has a different set of circumstances and different situations that mandate different technologies.

I cannot recommend this as the best product or recommend that you should use it.

I would rate this product a six out of 10.