NetScaler Secure Web Gateway [EOL] Review

Enables our users to have access to our custom-built applications but it should be easier to manage

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for when our employees are working remotely, this gives them access to our custom-built application.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, it should be easier to manage. We have a small team and don't have much expertise, we need things that are easy to manage.

I have been using NetScaler Secure Web Gateway for fifteen years.

It is absolutely stable.

We haven't had any problems with scalability for the use cases we've got. There are around twenty users of this solution in my company. We don't have plans to increase usage. Now that everybody is working from home, everyone has their own laptop so coming through remotely is easy. All we have to do it set up the remote environment which is why we set up terminal servers. Everyone seems to work pretty well.

We also use a terminal server which is less easy to manage.

We don't contact their support fairly often. It just works.

The licensing costs are on an annual basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a six out of ten.

It's a reasonable product, it's one that you should consider.

Support is the main thing. We need more help when moving to a new version because we don't have the expertise. It would be better if the testing and installation were more automated.

Find out what your peers are saying about Citrix, Zscaler, Cisco and others in Secure Web Gateways. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.