NETSCOUT InfiniStreamNG Review

What is our primary use case?

Currently, we use it for our LTE roaming solution. We monitor the traffic between partner LTE providers and the business analytics.

How has it helped my organization?

When we have mobile operators who are signal partners, where one is the roaming host and another is the roamer, we are able to see their traffic. Their packets are able to detect if any faults to develop, and at what point they fail.

For our roaming clients and LTE providers, we are able to see their traffic, see the trends, and are able to isolate their faults and failures.

It helps us to get to root cause quickly.

We use the solution for unified communication application performance and SIP monitoring. It helps us with uptime and end user performance. We are able to view the dashboards in near real-time. We can follow a trend, whether its traffic is increasing or decreasing, and isolate a time of fault.

Being able to use the Universal Monitor along with data mining has really helped us.

What is most valuable?

It is the ability to see the traffic end-to-end in almost real-time.

I like the single pane of glass view.

The dependency mapping is very good.

Users seem to be able to grasp the concept of it and learn it very quickly.

What needs improvement?

The monitoring and reporting tool needs improvement. Users want more information, such as the level of detail when doing a packet analysis. They want more detail to be able to isolate down to a specific point.

We have had the solution for several years.

Right now, the solution is very stable. Rarely do we see a fault in the application or in the infrastructure that supports it.

I like the scalability.

My onsite engineer has been very valuable. He is very knowledgeable and has able to help us work through some problems.

Before we used NETSCOUT for IPX and LTE monitoring, we would have to spend hours tracing through calls using other tools and other protocol analyzers, like Wireshark.

For diameter monitoring, our previous solution was very rudimentary. We found that NETSCOUT provides more detail.

We knew that we needed a new solution because of the industry trend, which was IPX connectivity going towards LTE and 5G roaming.

Deploying the equipment and applications was straightforward. It is very simple to deploy, not complex.

We just recently replaced our mediation system, and it was fairly straightforward.

We went directly through NETSCOUT for the deployment.

We have seen ROI.

We are attracting customers in good sized numbers as we advertise and market this solution. We are expanding our customer base and are working towards integrating it into other product lines that we have developed.

What other advice do I have?

Have a good detailed plan of how you want to deploy it. Once it's deployed, it will probably be very difficult to rearrange it in a short amount of time.