NETSCOUT InfiniStreamNG Review

It's simple to use, easy to manage, and gives great information

What is our primary use case?

We use it to monitor the network.

The State has been using the nGeniusONE solution for over 10 years.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows us to get quicker resolutions. We can see exactly what is using up the bandwidth, so we can assist end users.

We use it for monitoring whenever we update a new circuit or site.

It helps us determine the root cause. E.g., we can easily drill down, seeing exactly what is using up the network and tell the end users what it is.

We use the solution for unified communication application performance. It helps us with our uptime and user experience. It gives us the ability to check call signals to see exactly where the issue might be occurring, depending on where InfiniStreamNGs are placed.

What is most valuable?

I like the single pane of glass view. It is nice to be able to go to one location to get everything.

It's simple to use, easy to manage, and gives great information.

Other good features:

• Being able to do the deep dive packets.
  • It shows application times.
  • Network bandwidth utilization.

What needs improvement?

Being able to manage the packet flow switches in nGeniusONE would be great.

We still need to get our engineering team more involved in the tool to help them understand how to use it a bit better.

I have been using this solution for two and a half years.

It is very stable.

The scalability is very nice. I'm excited to get into the vSTREAMs for the virtual appliances.

The technical support is great. Every time that we work with our sales engineer or attack problems, we get a resolution quickly.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward: Knowing where to place things and how to get the traffic sent over. Sales engineers are always available to assist, when needed.

We deployed it all on our own.

This solution has cut our overall troubleshooting time. Sometimes, it can go down to a few hours over what might have taken one to two days to fully troubleshoot an issue.

It has helped to increase our application uptime. We try to keep the five nines.

It helps with our time to troubleshoot issues. The less time that you take to troubleshoot an issue the quicker it will free up that person.

What other advice do I have?

It is a great tool, which works extremely well for what it does. If you can get it in and get it placed correctly in your network, it's one of the best tools that you can get.

I like the dependency mapping, but I haven't use it much. I would like to utilize it more.

We do more reactive monitoring.