NETSCOUT nGeniusONE Review

Packet capture, NetFlow collection, and the real-time communication monitoring are key

What is our primary use case?

This is our traffic analyzer replacement. We use it to provide some functionality for our operations to do live captures so they can manage instant management.

What is most valuable?

The big features we use are definitely the packet capture function, NetFlow collection, and the UC analyzer to monitor real-time communication in our environment.

What needs improvement?

This is a typical thing, but every time they do a major code upgrade, we get hit with some nasty bugs. Some of them literally stop the whole platform from collecting traffic data. They should really do more Q&A on software stability before release.

Other than those bugs I mentioned, we haven't encountered any issues with stability. The system has been rock solid. It's just stable.

As far as we can see, the scalability issue is mostly that we need to spend more time to tune the software to understand our environment a little better. Other than that, we haven't found any scalability issues. Scalability is related to the hardware sizing and I think we did a pretty good job on that front.

The tech support team has been helpful. They are easy to engage and they're willing to engage the resources that we need to communicate with. I have no complaint about them.

We did have a different solution in place before. We reviewed a couple of vendors and ended up with NETSCOUT after doing a PoC in our environment.

The initial setup was a little simpler than what we have with NETSCOUT now, because our environment grew.

We evaluated NIKSUN but the accounting was way worse than what we have with NETSCOUT.

What other advice do I have?

You need to spend some time to make the system to fit into your environment. Once you get it there, it works pretty well.

I give it a nine out of ten. It's only to the point that we still need to do some feature requests for things we want to do. The toolset was there but, initially, it wasn't GUI-based, so it took some time for them to implement that.

More NETSCOUT nGeniusONE reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Pulseway
Proactively manage your network traffic

Find out how nGeniusONE can help you to gain greater visibility into your network and keep things running as they should. Contact NETSCOUT to get more information.