NETSCOUT nGeniusONE Review

Identifiers enable us to drill down into any kinds of issues that are reported to us

What is our primary use case?

Troubleshooting our LTE network - any situations that come up in our cellular network. We also use the solution for proactive monitoring of remote sites, as we use it to monitor all the towers in our cellular network, as well as our core applications.

We're still in the beginning stages, learning how to use it.

How has it helped my organization?

It's a great monitoring tool. At a glance, we can get an idea of what's going on in our network.

Also, while I don't track it personally, I know that time to repair has been reduced and that it has cut our overall troubleshooting time.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is being able to drill down into any kind of troubles that are reported to us, by use of identifiers.

What needs improvement?

Some of the filters could be easier to see and to set up. That's the only thing that I've ever had any trouble with. The ones that I've seen here, at NETSCOUT Engage 2019, are part of a newer version that we don't have yet, and it looks better. So, it may already have been fixed.

It's 100 percent stable.

The scalability is great.

I'm sure it's great, but I haven't had to deal with technical support. I'm a technician.

I assume the setup was straightforward. I'm a telecom tech. The engineers did all the setup and I only use the tool. I didn't help set it up.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it. It's the best tool that I've used as far as troubleshooting quickly, at a glance, and for being able to drill down into any issues, any complaints we might have from customers.

I do know that we would like to get TrueCall, but we don't have that yet. We're working on it.

I would rate nGenius a nine out of ten because I don't rate anything a ten. There's always room for improvement.

More NETSCOUT nGeniusONE reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Pulseway
Proactively manage your network traffic

Find out how nGeniusONE can help you to gain greater visibility into your network and keep things running as they should. Contact NETSCOUT to get more information.